This week I am going to try 4 different recipes for muffins. I just tried some Cinnamon Sugar Muffins. The recipe follows:
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
Cook time: 20 mins Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter (applesauce or oil works too)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Put cups in 12-muffin cup pan.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt all at once and stir just until flour is moistened. (Batter will be lumpy; do not over stir.)
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown (16 to 20 minutes).
- Immediately remove from pan and carefully roll hot muffin tops in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm!
Next, I think I will try some Blueberry Streusel Muffins (from joyofbaking.com), Coffee cake muffins (from America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book), and Banana Crumb Muffins (from allrecipes.com).
Wish me luck.