Sunday, September 23, 2012

Busy day..

Well, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.  But I think I made some pretty good things...except for the pot roast (which will not be making an appearance here).

First, I made something called "Sinful Cinnamon Bread" that I found in my "Go Dairy Free" ebook.  Its really good, I added a dash or two of nutmeg because I didn't think it would be very flavorful.  It was really dense and had sort of a cake like texture, but it was really good!  I think I got excited with the cinnamon sugar on the top, but the top was the best part.  I think if I make it again (p.s. I'm really excited to slice it up and toast it for breakfast) I'll make it like a cake, it might be better.
(sorry...my ipod doesn't take very good pictures and my camera was all the way in the other room...hehe)


Also, I've been looking at this other book recently, "Make the bread, buy the butter" (it might be the other way around).  In there, there is a recipe for bagels.  While making them I was very curious how they would turn out, it seemed so different.  But it was sooo good!  Hubby really enjoyed them, so I might be making them more often, which I'm not sure if it is good or bad.  I'm just so glad I have a bread maker (a stand mixer would also be good, but ..oh well).
If I were you, I'd be weirded out by the black stuff on the bottom right bagel.  The recipe calls to be boiled for a minute on each side in brown sugary water...which I thought was weird, but they turned out really good.  :)

P.S. "The Middle" tv show...hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment