Monday, October 17, 2011

Well...

Since we sold all of our chickens, (sad!) I need to find something else to talk about on here, so I believe it will be food!  Last night I roasted a chicken (my fave dinner ever, plus the leftovers are super duper awesome-I think we're having enchiladas on tuesday and pot pie sometime next week), and we had roasted corn on the cob (cut off the cob after roasting).  There is nothing like fresh corn!!!  Soooo much more delicious than canned or even frozen (I think, its been a while since I've had frozen).  Mmmm...  Also, I've been really intrigued with a book called "The Stocked Kitchen"...I bought it for my ipod touch, but I don't really like reading books on there, so I might check out the real book from the library.  Also got the stocked kitchen app, but that doesn't do much good because I haven't read it yet, so its temporarily on the side.  Maybe I'll run to the library tonight after work, and maybe I'll also get that "How to Cook Without a Book" book again....That was a really good book!  We'll see.

Hubby and I moved out into our own apartment!  We're grown ups again!  YAAAY!  So I've been doing a lot of baking lately...mmmm!  Plus the dinner options open up a little bit, but they also narrow because of financial reasons.  But we're gonna try to still eat real good even on our budget..  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment