Sunday, August 4, 2013

Kind of garden and shelves...

Well, this is kind of a combination post...I'll post pictures of the garden that I'm not real proud of next week sometime.  I made some delicious home made mashed potatoes with my home grown potatoes on Friday...
They were soooooo good!!!! It felt really cool making them from my own potatoes...

I made this second set of shelves a few weeks ago, here it is outside waiting to get painted, which it never did.  It is just like that other one I built, but quite a bit bigger!

Here it is in its place being used! :) Still not painted, but at least its getting some use out of it! Not too appealing with my stuff, but it works just like I wanted it to!  It is perfect for the space and makes it more usable.  It is perfect for us!  And some day when I feel like painting it I might, but for now it works just fine. :)
I have the exact materials used and price list somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.   
Cost including screws: about $95 (-ish, which I'm not sure if it is worth it or not, buying something similar costs about the same price, I think).
Time: several hours, depending on time availability.  
Measurements: 63" wide, 17" deep, and 79" tall.  Shelf measurements, top to bottom (some of them are weird, I'm not sure why): 15.5"; 11"; 15.5"; 15"; and 18".  
I wanted the bottom to go up to 18" so that I could fit the water bottles that we buy our water in under there as well as some other things.  They all fit quite nicely underneath.  I wanted some of the shelves to fit my totes really nicely, like the second shelf, it fits those totes quite perfectly with little space unused.  I'm very happy with it! :)

And...because I think its really cool...I saw this in the backyard the other day.  You can't see real clearly, but its a nice herd of deer! :)  I can't see that far, but with some of them you can really tell that they have a decent set of antlers! Some of them are pretty big!  
xoxo
c

No comments:

Post a Comment