Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mole patrol: a little bit less outsmarted and Halloween

In honor of the pending holiday, I present a few holiday appropriate pictures.
Hagrid's Hut lego set with his giant pumpkin garden...
 Graveyard duel lego set...
Those are pretty much the only things I have related to Halloween.  They're old pictures, but I think they are holiday appropriate.  We aren't really holiday type people (for any holiday, really), so we don't decorate very much, if at all.  Which is just fine with me and the hubby!  I did think about making something for Halloween decor but I didn't end up doing it.  My sister-in-law makes some pretty cool pumpkins out of scraps of wood!  I'll have to ask her how she made them and then maybe make some for next year!  However...I AM very excited to get out my owl-urkey for Thanksgiving!  I'll show you later, have to wait until Halloween is over!  It's sooooo cute!

In other exciting news, I caught a mole last week!!!  All by myself!  Can you imagine the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins when I saw that little bit of dirt moving?  And then, I saw a little tail.  I put the hose where that was happening and then it crawled up out of the ground and I used the hose to push it in the bucket.  Oh my gosh...it was just craaaazy!!  I didn't take a picture of this one, but here's the picture from one of the first ones just for effect.  I still feel bad, it's kind of a cute little thing, but it was really making a mess of the yard!  Not to mention it was teasing us and making us crazy!  I am not sure if we have more, but I am hoping this was the only one that was running around out there.

It has also been pretty exciting because they finally cut down the beans in the fields around us.  It was pretty exciting to watch, so naturally, I took a couple of pictures!  Here is the soybeans up close...

Here is the combine out my window as I was peeping...
This is after he went by...
And this is down the field...kinda exciting.
We also had something really odd happen with the chicken run...All of a sudden there was this hole in the door.  And the little pieces of plastic were cleanly cut and sitting next to the opening.
It might have been a possum or something small like that, but I put this board there and we haven't had anything since then.  I'm just glad I lock up my little chickens safe and sound every night! Who knows what might happen to them if I didn't.  Also, I went out to check out the garbage this morning and it turns out we had a critter have a little party in there last night.  Probably should have covered it, but I didn't.  Oh well.

Is it wrong to kill lady bugs?  It sure doesn't feel right...
Gotta go make dinner for the hubby...have a good evening!
xoxo
c

No comments:

Post a Comment