Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Favorite things...

Here is my favorite thing that I've made lately...(lately means they're still warm out of the oven) YUM!!!  Here's the link to....Easy Morning Glory Muffins!!!  I baked them for exactly 20 minutes, the toothpick was still relatively wet, so I let them "cool" in the muffin tin for 4 minutes then moved to a wire rack.  Mine made exactly 18.  Apparently they can be frozen too!  Which is awesome!  It has carrots, flaked coconut, apple, raisins...and deliciousness.  (She adapted it from an original recipe on Allrecipes.com, it said that they were 421 calories per muffin and 25.4 grams of fat, since my recipe made 18 instead of 12, that makes mine 281 calories and 17g fat, the recipe she adapted also had about 1/2 c less sugar and no walnuts so its a bit less because of that, but I'm not sure exact numbers).  SO GOOD.


Favorite things I've recently purchased:
Cooking spoons with faces on them.  Found them at Hy-Vee in Dubuque, Iowa, when visiting hubby (he's on his John Deere Internship for the summer out there).

Found this excellent train case at Sock Monkey 'n Around on 25th street in Ogden a few weeks ago when walking through the farmers market.  It even smells like old lady perfume, which at first charmed me, but I'm learning is not necessarily a good thing.  Its beautiful though, isn't it?

And...last but not least...a brass bull.  He looks kinda emaciated, but...hard to resist.  Especially how I want cows someday and already have a glass chicken.  (I think he had horns at one time, but they are missing)

I'll end this post on a gross note.  This is an example of one of my recent adventures the last 2 days without hubby around...
It was seriously ginormous!  Found this one on Sunday night. Sprayed the crap out of the trash can with raid and took the trash out.  I found another one this morning in my kitchen.  Sprayed the crap out of it with raid and put it under a jar, as I usually do with spiders and bugs.  (He's almost as big as the W in Walmart!!!!!) Gross...Unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment