Monday, September 2, 2013

Chicken adventures: 3 months!

Well, the babies turned 3 months old the other day!  Very exciting!  We are only 1 to 3 months away from getting our first eggs!  Which of course, is not why we got the chickens, they are our pets, but I am extremely excited to have my own eggs again.  And brown eggs.  I don't know why but I like brown eggs, but I'm too cheap to buy them in the stores and it doesn't matter that much to me.  Even if that means a 10 egg omelette on the weekends!  Because most of our chickens are bantams and the eggs are super tiny!
Here are some pictures of the kids that I took the other day...

Basil.  I love his facial expression, he looks really stern and kind of angry...haha!
 Dusting in a hole...She seems so happy!
Parker.  He's turning out really really handsome, look at all those colors!  Filling in nicely!


 Here is the progress of my painting last week.  This Wednesday is the last day of the class.
I was finding it so hard to paint them!  I was just so worried about making them look like real chickens that I decided to just go with it and see what I could do.  Not worry so much about them looking like real chickens.  And so, I decided to turn the picture that I was painting from around and paint from memory, which actually ended up being better for me and that is how all of this happened!  :)  Hopefully I'll post a picture of the finished product this week!

P.S.  We've almost sold 2 of our metal home decor things that we brought with us! Woo hoo!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment