Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Coupon day 2

Went shopping on monday instead of tuesday this week...
I think I saved a whole total of $7.50.  I saved the most on 2 boxes of Delimax Taquitos from Walmart. They were about $5.50 a box and I had coupons for $2.00 off each package, so I saved $4 on those...That was the most exciting!  Then, I saved .75 cents on any gallon of milk, .40 cents on each of the 4 pouches of cookies that I bought (Betty Crocker), also like .75 cents off 2 boxes of Betty Crocker streusel muffin mixes, and .25 cents off any Charmin product.  All of that stuff was on my list to get anyway (well, I lied, not the cookies or the muffins, but we eat them and we were almost out anyway).  Some rules that I've seen on couponing say that to get the most out of the coupons, get the smallest of the product that the coupon will allow, in this case the smallest of the toilet paper was a 4 roll pkg that had 176-ish 2 ply sheets per roll (FYI, I don't usually pay this much attention to that number).  They were $4.25 each.  And the same size rolls in a package of 12 was $9.50.  So, as you can see, I can pay $16 for the same amount of toilet paper and save $1.00 with coupons, or, I could get the $9.50 one and save .25 cents and make it only $9.25.  I ended up buying the mega rolls of toilet paper in a package of 12 (there's like 386 2 ply sheets per roll too!) that was on sale for 12.99, used the .25 cent coupon and it was only $12.74.  But I'm happy with my purchase..More for my money, I think.  And, I spent all my money, except for $8.00, so I'm afraid I won't be going shopping next week.  OH, and the only coupons that I used that came from the newspapers was the taquitos, the cookies, and the charmin product.  So as far as the coupons go, we actually did save the most from the newspapers rather than printed from the internet this time!  I think our best bet is turning into just continuing to shop smart instead of with the coupons.  I'll still get them, I think, but just print them off the internet instead of with the newspapers..
Sorry coupons, strike 2.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment