Saturday, November 19, 2011

Small batch brownies...

Since hubby and I are counting calories now, I'm always in search of delicious desserts.  I found a bunch of cookie recipes in my christmas cookies book that are pretty cheap, I think I might try some of them here soon.  Yum!  Also, so far today we've been pretty low on calories, only like 1000, so we decided to kind-of-but-not-really splurge on some brownies.  I halfed a box of regular fudge brownies and only did one egg (well, about 1.8 ounces of egg substitute), 1/3 cup oil, and 1/8 cup water, I baked them at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes...  They are done and cooling on the stove.  I am very excited!  We figured that the whole box of brownies, brace yourself, is 3400 calories!  So if we halfed the box it would only be 1700, and if we each had half of the half, we could get away with only 850.  And since we're so low already, it would still be in our diet!  Hehe...Sneaky, Sneaky..  I'm very excited!  And I usually don't like brownies all that much, but we get to eat a whole half pan!!!  Yeah!  Calorie count for the end of the day will probably be around 1860!  We had freezer stuff for brunch and a hugenormous salad for dinner. :)

I get my (probably last) round of 4 newspapers tomorrow, I might cancel it on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment